Friday, March 14, 2014

Justin Bieber

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Justin Bieber
Island Records
825 Eighth Avenue
28th Floor
New York, New York, 10019

Dear Justin,
I know that I could send you a “tweet” on your Twitter account or post a message on your Facebook page, but I am an old fashion person. I feel that I need to write to you in the form of a letter in order to convey the power of this message.

Yesterday I attended a Life Celebration Service for one of your devoted young fans. She only lived to be 10 years 11 months. She was profoundly disabled physically, but acutely intelligent. Her only form of communication was with a chin-activated button to her computer.

You might even remember her because her devoted family worked so hard for her to meet you at a North Carolina concert in 2013. Her family used social media to generate attention to her so that she could be backstage at the concert. You and your music did so much to lift her spirits. She loved to be held by her dad and dance to your songs.

As I was sitting in the church at her Life Celebration Service, I kept thinking about recent stories in the news about you. I was actually hoping that Marlie hadn't heard any of those news reports. I didn't want the power of your music to be diminished for her. Your songs and videos had the power to make her feel pleasure and joy.

Marlie is now without pain, illness, or the earthly restrictions of her profoundly disabled body. But you, Justin, still have an entire life to live. You are gifted and talented. Your exceptional abilities were recognized at a very young age which has put enormous pressure on you. I can not begin to understand your life, but I do know that it has the power to help people. I saw first hand what you meant to this child and her family.

The life we live is one of Free Will. Marlie didn't have any choices when it came to her earthly body, but she did for her heart and mind. She chose your music in order to escape her pain and frustrations. Your music had the power to lift her above the restrictions caused by her disabilities. Justin please do not diminish your God-given talents with poor choices.

I can imagine at your age that you feel that you have lived a long time and are invincible. Unfortunately no one is invincible and no one has the luxury of making bad choices regardless of how talented they are or think they are.

Please know that now there is an angel in heaven dancing to your music. If you are lucky she might be given the job of being your guardian angel. Let's hope she will be on your shoulder the next time you have to make a decision. She would never want you to be less than the talented person that she loved.

Respectfully,
Someone's grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment